Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Playing tourist with Doug and Nancy!!!


Here is Doug braving the seas determined to enjoy the surf!!!!


 Here is Nancy being the Wise Woman accessing the situration. Me? Sitting in my chair observing. I can't see my feet - I'm not going in!!!! The next day when we were at the beach I strolled down to the other end of the beach to visit the vendor Joy. She asked me if I had seen the waves yesterday. I told her my friends had gone swimming to which she replied, "You don't go in no water when you sees it all churned up like. Dats when da sharks they comes in." I knew it!!!!!!!


We visited the Rand Center. They were hosting a lovely art show. I have often thought of a painting I saw there last year and didn't buy. A friend of mine was able to find the artist and I spoke to him on the phone. Yes, he still had the picture. Yes, it was still for sale. The price? $4500. Wooopppssss!!! Still a lovely painting that I will always think about. Another artist on the island told me I should have bought this other artist's work two years ago. Then it was affordable. Too bad......

We looked through the Rand exhibits with an excellent employee who described everything to us in great detail and then strolled through the paths reading all of the plaques telling us what we were looking at.


The next day found us at Garden of the Groves where I had the best lunch I have ever had on the island. Smoked salmon with all of the fixings.


Nancy and I walked the labyrinth with prayer and intent. The men - not!!!


There seemed to be more water features this year compared to last time we were there last year.


This is Doug enjoying his last afternoon on or ever so crowded beach!!!! It was a great week. Thank you so much for coming to visit. I'm sure the women won the week long card tournament!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment